Lotus F1 Team’s iRace experience is a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience the power, performance and technology of a real Formula 1 car.
The iRace programme comprises of three packages:
- iRace: Experience driving a Formula 1 car and feel what it is like to be a Grand Prix driver for a day.
- iRace+: For the more experienced driver, the iRace+ package offers a similar programme as iRace with more drive time in the Formula 1 car.
- iRace Formula Renault: A more economical alternative to iRace with guests able to experience a day’s driving Formula Renault single seaters.
All iRace experiences are held at the Circuit Paul Ricard in the south of France and include:
- Airport transfers, dinner & one nights accommodation
- Formula Renault 2.0 driving sessions
- Formula 1 car driving sessions*
- 2-seater Formula 1 passenger ride*
- Instruction and data analysis with Lotus F1 Team race engineers & telemetry analysis
- Race driver physiotherapy session
- End-of-day cocktails & gift pack
*Not included in iRace Formula Renault
For more information, contact iRace@lotusf1team.com
iRace Formula Renault allows guests to enjoy the benefits of iRace and actively experience driving a racing car. All drivers enjoy the same tuition, instruction and service that every other iRace participant does, with the Formula Renault 2.0 cars giving all drivers the race car thrill and sensation.
Upon arrival at the circuit, a track recce is completed followed by safety briefing with Lotus F1 Team instructors. Each guest is then fitted with their fully branded Lotus F1 Team suit, gloves, boots and helmet. After being briefed by engineers and learning the track, guests will experience the Formula Renault 2.0. The experience includes four 20-minute Formula Renault 2.0 sessions, two in the morning and two in the afternoon.
Following the enthralling experience behind the wheel, drivers can then examine their telemetry analysis with the team instructors. A physiotherapy session is also undertaken to help the body recover from the extreme pressure that is put on the body from race car driving and for that real racing driver experience.
Please note that bookings can only be accepted for a minimum group of 12x guests.
The iRace+ package offers a similar programme as iRace with more Formula 1 car driving time. iRace+ is for those drivers who are already experienced in driving a racing car and can therefore maximise their time on track. However, due to the fact that some drivers may not be as used to the cars as others, the iRace instructors will still give a full safety briefing on the car and track.
In order to re-introduce race car driving, a short session is scheduled in the Formula Renault 2.0 cars. The second and third sessions are then devoted to driving the Formula 1 car. With less people and more time dedicated to driving the Formula 1 car, each driver has up to 6 laps available per session.
As always with iRace, a physiotherapy session is undertaken and telemetry data studied between and after sessions. Data can be compared between other iRace drivers as well as the team race drivers, with improvements to technique subsequently made.