In Numbers: Albert Park
- 3.5: Highest g-force experienced for 0.5 seconds at T11
- 14: Longest full throttle burst (sec) at start/finish straight
- 16% of the lap spent braking
- 35 Total straight per lap (%)
- 60 Number of gear changes per lap
- 66% of lap on full throttle
- 80 Lowest apex speed (kmh) at T15
- 230 Highest apex speed (kmh) at T5
- 290 Distance in metres from start line to first corner
- 310 Top speed (kmh)
Our History: Lotus F1 Team at the Australian Grand Prix
Lotus F1 Team entered the inaugural Australian Grand Prix in 1985 under the Toleman name, with Italian drivers Teo Fabi and Piercarlo Ghinzani at the wheel.
In its various guises the team has taken 3 wins in Australia, with Fernando Alonso (Renault, 2006), Giancarlo Fisichella (Renault, 2005) and Nelson Piquet (Benetton, 1990).
The team has also achieved 11 Australian Grand Prix Podiums, the first in 1987 (Thierry Boutsen, Benetton) and the most recent in 2011 (Vitaly Petrov, Lotus Renault GP).
The 2012 Australian Grand Prix will mark the first time in over 2 years (867 days to be precise) since Kimi and Romain last started a Formula 1 race.
For more information about the Australian GP, click here